Friday, June 23, 2017

Most Anticipated Books of June 2017


This post almost didn't happen.
Almost. 
I was in a terrible blogging slump this month and just couldn't seem to write ANY posts.
I even got stuck in the middle of my Lord of Shadows review! Which, may be, the cause for this. You know how it is after finishing a book like Lord of Shadows. It's a lot to take in. 


But anyways! I struggled to write this post. Struggled. This post that is usually so fun for me to write.
Not to mention it took me, what, 23 days to write it?
*sigh*
At least it's still June, huh? Haha...
Apologizing in advance if this post seems off. 


So before I'll dive right into it, here are some announcements: 


  • My review of Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare should be up sometime in the next few days (took me a while to write that one).
  • Now that Lord of Shadows is finished (*sob*), the next big book release I'm dying anticipating is none other than Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff - 2 months, people! 2 months! 

And now... let's welcome June - or what remains of it - with our most anticipated books of the month, shall we? 



Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger
Publication date: June 6, 2017


Who doesn't love a good thriller-mystery?
Especially one told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts? 

Tessa is an agoraphobic, confined to her bedroom. Her only solace is online, where she's a part of a fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn.
(sounds familiar? I'm sure many of us can relate).
But what starts as something else entirely quickly turns into a relationship they did not expect, and they both arrange to meet IRL.
If only it were this easy. 
It is a thriller mystery, after all. 
Just look at the cover. 
Definitely not your typical romance.
I'm so in. 



Rules of Thieves by Alexandra Ott
Publication date: June 6, 2017


Now this sounds cool.
I have to admit, reading the synopsis I couldn't help but think about Fairy Tail (one of the best anime out there & a favorite of mine). 

12-year-old Alli Rosco has just been cursed by a deadly curse.
Good news: there's a cure.
Bad news: not easily achieved for an orphan girl like herself. 
To afford the cure, Alli must join the mythical Thieves Guild, pass the trials, and somehow - before the curse makes its way to her heart - survive. 

I don't tend to love many MG books (Harry Potter & Rick Riordan books being the exception), but I'm hoping this one is also going to be an exception (since it sounds really good).


Publication date: June 6, 2017

This is a book I knew nothing about up until this month.
But I immediately requested an e-ARC (to which I was approved - Thank you as always Netgalley!) after reading this review. 

Great reviews from my Goodreads friends are always a good cause to be excited about a book.
That, and cool looking plots. 


And Then There Were Four by Nancy Werlin
Publication date: June 6, 2017

This looks crazy. 
Which is exactly why I want to read it. 

I mean, I know the overall rating is 3.59 thus far but come on... this book is about a bunch of teenagers trying to figure out why their parents want them dead.
Did someone say crazy alert


Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
Publication date: June 8, 2017

This seems to be received very well, along with getting some very good reviews.
There's no doubt I'm intrigued.
I may not have had the best of lucks with finding truly amazing pirates YA romance stories of late but... whenever a new one comes around I'm terrible at resisting it. 


Roar by Cora Carmack
Publication date: June 13, 2017

Does anyone else gets Daenerys Targaryen vibes from this cover?
The resemblance in uncanny. 

Okay okay, so this may be some of the reason I want to read this book.
But only some because this book was on my TBR long before the cover was revealed. See? totally not biased. 

So this looks like a kickass YA fantasy with gushing reviews all around.
I also received an excerpt of this book from Netgalley (Netgalley, you're amazing!), but since I was so busy reading Lord of Shadows, and not busy reading The Shadowhunter's Codex... I hope I can get to it soon (hopefully before the actual book is coming out in a few days).  

She had hoped. And hope broke more hearts than any man ever could.

Perhaps death is all that waits for me across the great waters, but better to know death than to choose fear of the unknown.  


The gentleman's guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
Publication date: June 27, 2017

There is not much to say other than: GIMME!
I mean, just read these bunch of quotes and tell me this doesn't sound awesome, hilarious and wonderful. 

"God bless the book people for their boundless knowledge absorbed from having words instead of friends."


If Birds Fly Back by Carlie Sorosiak
Publication date: June 27, 2017

This one sounds both serious and light-hearted.
A YA contemporary romance about two teens whose only connection to one another is an obsession with a novelist and filmmaker who just returned after mysteriously disappearing for 3 years. 

Definitely checking this one out!


The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young
Publication date: June 27, 2017

One more interesting-looking YA Contemporary Romance.
I'm on it.




And that's it for my Most Anticipated Books of June 2017 (that almost never was '^^)
Thanks for reading!
How was your June? Read anything good? Any of these books, by any chance?
I'd love to hear from you, as always! (:



(anyone else has been obsessed with this app? Piano Tiles. This game is addictive! and beautiful)


"We're not courting trouble," I say. "Flirting with it, at most." 
           -- The Gentleman's Guide to the Vice and Virtue  


9 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Zoey, I'm so glad you did it :) And YES YES YES to Follow You Back and Song of the Current!! I am ABSOLUTELY DYING for those two darlings and they look amazing. I was also really looking forward to Roar, but then I saw a review that was both excellent and shocking; Roar looks like it's a terrible, dangerous book according to the review I read! So yeah, I'm not anticipating it so much anymore :(

    I hope you get to read all of these soon, Zoey! <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! ^__^
      Yayyy I hope we'll love them :D
      Oh no, what did you read about Roar?! I'm getting anxious now *_*
      Thanks again, Amy! It's always great to hear from you <3__<3

      Delete
    2. I heard awful things about the romance, and the way the women are treated :( :( And that immediately turns me off!!

      Delete
  2. The only book I've heard of on your list is the Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue! However, the Song of the Current sounds fantastic, so I'm definitely going to look it up now. Who doesn't love a good pirate story? Great list, Zoey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Erika! (:
      Yes, The Gentleman's Guide sounds fantastic! I'm also pretty excited about Song of the Current since I heard such good things about it so I'm glad you'll be giving it a try.
      Who doesn't love a good pirate story indeed? ;)
      Thanks, Erika! :D

      Delete
  3. Ohh! So many books to look forward to here! Yay!

    I haven't picked up Lord of Shadows yet *gasp*! I have it just sitting there on my shelf all unread and stuff! The thing is I think I need to reread Lady Midnight to get me back in the zone and there's all these other reading commitments! I'll get to them soon I'm sure,vit I'm also worried about all the expectations I'm putting on that book! Yikes.

    Sorry about the blogging slump but I hope you're back in the swing of things now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Di! (:
      Yep *so many books*.
      And I just posted my Most Anticipated Books of July, too '^^
      My god, you HAVE to read Lord of Shadows soon <3__<3 Are you sure you have to re-read Lady Midnight? Wouldn't simply reading Lady Midnight reviews help you get into the Zone?
      Thanks, Di! I hope you have a fantastic July :D

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely interested in Follow Me Back!! I hope the agoraphobia is represented well. I'm reading Vice & Virtue right now and it's SOOO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lauren! What's up? :D
      Ohhh, really? So glad you're enjoying it!
      I heard great things about Vice & Virtue (:

      Delete